Public Allies is a social justice organization committed to changing the face and practice of leadership by recruiting and training talented young leaders, with a passion for social impact, to create meaningful change in our community. Our Allies are diverse, equity-centered, innovative problem solvers, dedicated to mobilizing community assets to develop solutions to local challenges. In partnership with nonprofit partners, we deliver our nationally recognized, values-driven, results-led apprenticeship to advance our mission to create a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it.
Public Allies Eagle Rock, a program of Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center and a proud member of the AmeriCorps national service network, is the only residential (with room and board included) Public Allies program; our Allies come from across the country and live and work on Eagle Rock’s residential high school campus, alongside our high school students. Eagle Rock’s mission is to implement effective and engaging practices that foster each student’s unique potential and help young people use their minds well. Eagle Rock is a liberating force in education. We prepare the next generation of leaders to claim their power and find their voice. If you’re ready to transform yourself, our students, and your world, this is your invitation.
Unique to Public Allies Eagle Rock are the following benefits and opportunities:
- $20,500 living stipend
- Private room in a communal house
- Meals while students are on campus
- AmeriCorps healthcare (fully covered)
- On-going professional development, coaching, and mentorship
- Use of laptop for the year
- $500 professional development stipend
- $6,095 AmeriCorps education award once program is completed
- Student loan forbearance
- Teaching License: Opportunity to apply for and participate in a Colorado state alternative teacher licensure program, paid for by Eagle Rock (for Educator Fellows with a bachelor’s degree)
To create a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it.
WHAT WILL YOU BECOME?
“Public Allies [is] all about promise – finding it, nurturing it, and putting it to use.”
– Former First Lady, Michelle Obama
Core to our values is a belief that we are all on a journey to grow as individuals and as leaders in our community. Where will your journey take you?