“I know what they’re going through, because I went through it.” This is how Felix Moran explains the value he brings to Opportunities for Youth, the organization where he is placed as an AmeriCorps Ally in Phoenix, Arizona. After going to prison at 17 for burglary, Felix struggled to get employment. But he was determined to be a powerful force for good in his community — especially for the countless young adults like him who find themselves without jobs and higher education. That’s why he joined Public Allies, and why he is committed to effectively doing outreach to young people who are facing challenges as he once did. Read and watch his inspiring story. He is just one of thousands of examples of why Public Allies, AmeriCorps, and national service are great investments!
- Public Allies CEO Jaime Uzeta Calls for Expanded National Service Opportunities for Individuals from Underserved Communities
- Public Allies Alum Marquisa Wince (Milwaukee, ’17) Awarded the B.A. Rudolph Scholarship
- MEET AN ALLY: Jermal Muhammad – Public Allies Connecticut
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama Joins Public Allies In Young Leader Workshop In Northern California
- Public Allies National Leadership Institute August 2017