The Livable Communities Corps, funded with support from the Corporation for National & Community Service and AmeriCorps, will be implemented by Public Allies in five regions locations across the United States – Tucson, AZ; Tallahassee, FL; Des Moines, IA; Augusta, ME; and Albany, NY – to create safe, walkable streets; age-friendly housing and transportation options; access to needed services; and opportunities for residents to participate in community life.
The initiative is looking for 10 motivated individuals to make a 10-month, full-time commitment. Each will be tasked to deliver a defined project that has a measurable impact on building the organizational and administrative capacity of a local community’s efforts to be great places for all ages.
Individuals of all ages, backgrounds and experiences are welcome to apply.
- Candidates must be available to serve full-time from mid-March to December 2020
- Applications are due February 14, 2020
In return for their service, Livable Communities Corps members will receive:
- A modest living allowance
- Health benefits
- Childcare support
- A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or stipend upon the completion of service
- Personal coaching, support and leadership development training
How to Apply
- Go to apply.publicallies.org
- Create an account with a username and password
- Select a preferred location from the drop-down menu (listed as “AARP-Location”)
- Complete and submit the application by February 14, 2020
Livable Communities Corps members generally will not provide direct services and will not be placed in AARP office. Instead, they will be working to build the organizational and administrative capacity of local community organizations’ in ways that make communities more livable and inclusive so people of all ages can thrive. Members’ duties may include partnership development, building and designing community programs, recruiting and training volunteers, and launching new and innovative projects.
Corps members will serve at different sites around the country and meet virtually once a week for Public Allies-led leadership development training, mentoring, coaching and support in achieving personal and professional goals.
Want to Learn More?